Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Race to the Finish!




This was the first week of classes for the winter 2013 semester and its been crazy getting back into the swing of things! Two weeks of vacation never feels like a long enough time. . . but it is certainly enough time to fall out of practice with your schedule! :)

This is by far my busiest semester and will be the busiest semester of my whole college career! I've got Organic Chemistry, Physics and Physics Lab, Calculus, Psychology of Adolescence, Social Psychology, and Gymnastics. For a grand total of 18 credit hours. . . Luckily I am only on campus Monday - Thursday and I get to keep my 3 day weekend :)

Usually, the first days for class are "Here is the syllabus and here is what is expected from this course" Blah-dee, blah-dee, blah. . . But not Calc. or Chem. or Physics. . . Us science people like to jump right in. . .several pages of homework for each class. . .Which normally wouldn't be all that bad, but I've been a little under the weather this week. So its been kinda rough getting back into the swing of life.


Also, I have been getting ready for my first class of teaching the new curriculum! Can I just say that I am VERY excited for it!! I always like my girls to have a fun time and enjoy coming to class! And its been hard in the past -  when they are really into the lesson and we are having a great discussion and then - - - times up! And we have to end - and they want to continue the lesson next week. In my mind I hear "Must. Keep. On. Schedule. With. Designated. Lesson!" But in my heart I feel, "Continue on next week! Teach these girls what they are longing to learn!!"  . . . My heart wins out 99.9% of the time, and we would continue on the next week. But then I'd have to cram the next two (or three) lessons into one week and the spirit would suffer. :( :( BUT NOW!!! We have this awesome new curriculum and we get to talk about the same topic all month and the girls can help choose the more specific topics! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS CHANGE!!!

Confession:  There were a few weeks over this past year when I completely left the lesson manual in the dust and had the girls decide what they wanted to learn about! . . . Now, I was fully expecting "We want to learn about boys!" or "Can we have a lesson about 'grooming' where we learn about hair and stuff?" . . . But what I got was - "Can we learn about the difference between our Divine Nature and Individual Worth? We think we'll get more out of our personal progress if we have a better understanding of their similarities and differences" . . . *Jaw Drop*. . . Don't I have the MOST AWESOME group of 12 and 13 year-old girls EVER!!!!! I believe I did this 3 or 4 times over the past year, and it always turned out spectacular! :) :) So I am very excited to be able to have the girls more involved with the lesson planning and increase their participation even more!

So, between the homework and the lesson and the illness. . . my wifely duties of house-cleaning-upping have been lacking a little :(  . . . Hey, it happens to everybody, right?!?!. Buuut, seeing as Jason will be coming back from his world travels tomorrow, I am on a tight race to the finish to get it all picked up before he gets home :) Which, for me is actually a fun little game! See, I always want Jason to be able to come home and relax after his days gone at work :) If I can have everything all nice and clean and organized - then we BOTH get the whole weekend to relax and be together! Neither of us has to worry about the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc. :) :) Its a great feeling and a blessing to be able to have it just be the two of us in a clean home. We are able to focus on our time together and grow closer together as a couple! :) :) :) Its just fantastic!  (Now, I am only human - so it does happen that cleaning isn't always done due to . . well. . .life. . .but Jason is always wonderful about helping me finish up so we can relax together.)

Its been a busy but rewarding week. I know I'm always going to be playing the balancing game of Life! Whether its School or Kids, Cleaning or Church Calling, FHE or Grocery Shopping, Cooking or Personal Scripture Study. . . there will always be at least two things competing for my time! :) And I know I can not do it all on my own! And luckily, I don't have to :) I know the Lord is here to help me. I know as long as I am trying my hardest to do what is right and prioritize my time wisely He will help me to accomplish all things I need until I finish my race!




No comments:

Post a Comment