Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What's In A Name?

Starting a blog is a lot of work. Which is why it has taken me so long to actually start one. You have to decide what you're going to blog about (not easy). Come up with a name (really Really not easy).  Then actually make the blog (really Really REALLY not easy). Did you know that there are actually blogs out there that are about how to make and maintain a blog?? . . .Yeah, losers. Haha. . . although, I was the loser that actually looked through them. So yeah. . . Moving on. :) :)

I decided I needed to make this blog for my own record. Once upon a childhood I was great at keeping a journal. But now real-life has set in and "ain't nobody got time for that."  :) :) So with the idea of a journal in mind, I set out to come up with a good name for my blog.  I wanted something that was fun, catchy, practical, and represented who I am and what I love. Aaaand. . . Since that's what all the blogs about naming blogs say to do - I was already one step ahead. What can I say, I'm naturally awesome at blogging. . .

Well, one thing led to another and  "Life of A Mormon Wife" was born. After all, this blog is about my life (which is actually pretty snazzy if I do say so myself). I'm a Mormon and I'm a Wife (the 2 things I love being most!!).

Soo. . .even though this blog is probably only going to be read by people I know . . .I'm going to do a small intro to myself. So for all you friends and family out there -  you can skip the next few paragraphs. Its all going to be review. :)

My name is Chelsey. I currently live in Ypsilanti, MI  (a candy bar to whom ever can say that name who has never been here). I am married to Jason, the most amazing man ever. You can argue if you want, but you will lose. We were married in August of 2010 in the Bountiful LDS Temple for time and all eternity. (for a picture of the temple click here) Yep, you heard right, TIME and ALL ETERNITY :) I get to keep my prince charming forever! Not just till death do we part. (you can be jealous! If you don't want to be jealous any more follow this link). . . hey, you're reading a blog called "Life of a Mormon Wife" you're going to get links about the awesome-ness of my church!! 

We are here in Michigan until a date that is TBA. Jason flies airplanes for Delta Connection and has been here for the past 5 years. We met when he was commuting from Salt Lake City. He would fly back over the weekends and spend the time with his family and then fly back and spend the week in Detroit doing his flights. (Yeah, its more exhausting than it sounds!!) Well, one cold October night he and some friends decided to crash my Stake's Halloween Dance. . . and the rest is Romantic History! We went on our first date 4 days after we met and were married exactly 10 months after our first date! We moved to Michigan so we could have more time together and so he wouldn't have to keep commuting back and forth. Although we do travel together whenever time/schedules permits :) :)

I am LOVING Michigan! Growing up my dad was in the Army and the mid-west was always my favorite region to live! Its always so green and I love the rolling hills! Once I got Michigan residency, I started back to school at Washtenaw Community College and got my Associates Degree and I am now at Eastern Michigan University studying Chemistry. Less than a year bay-beh!! and I.am.done! :) :)

We have had many many adventures here in Michigan. Each one crazier and more unplanned than the last! We've done everything from taking tours of historical sites, to accidentally purchasing stolen computer cords from a shop down the street (we haven't been back), to getting lost in abandoned neighborhoods, to Detroit Lions games!!

I also have the amazing privilege of being the Beehive Advisor for my ward. (I teach the 12-13 year old girls Sunday school.) It is by far one of the most rewarding things I do! They are so fun to be with and always surprise me with how wonderful they are! I love love LOVE teaching - and I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE teaching them!!!! Although, the curriculum and lesson plans are changing Big Time for 2013! So I am a little nervous for this weeks lesson! :)

Now you know a little about me :)

Hopefully this blog will be filled with snippets of my life. Crafts I steal from pinterest, lesson handouts I create for my young women, pictures of places we travel to, our adventures in Michigan. . . . .

Basically. . . its my life as a Mormon wife!

1 comment: